2019 was an interesting year for me, I really got into Microsoft Azure and their certifications. To date, I have earned two certifications; Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals and Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate. I am currently preparing for another exam and realized that hearing someone’s experience is really useful in how I prepare. With that being said, here are a few tips that could be useful when preparing for the AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals:
- Study to understand the concepts – This exam is rather light; however, I found a lot of the questions asked will be scenario based. You will be tested on your ability to recall and apply the knowledge to a situation.
- Give yourself enough time to prepare – Don’t rush the preparation. Take your time to cover the material as this will act as the foundation for other associate level exams going forward.
- Sign up an Azure account – Microsoft offers a free trial that you can use to play around with their services. This will be really helpful in building familiarity with the services and the environment.
- Prepare according to the skills measured by Microsoft – There is a lot of content out there; ensure that you are first and foremost guided by the official Microsoft exam breakdown. If you are looking at learning resources for the exam separate from what is provided by Microsoft, ensure you can see the breakdown in the course material being provided by the third party.
- Complete a practice test – For me it was useful to have an idea of the sort of questions that are asked, as well as test myself before going into the exam. This allowed me to gauge how ready I was and could make the necessary adjustments. I found the MeasureUp practice tests to be really useful in that regard, especially with the feedback that explains why my answer was wrong. Note: This is not absolutely necessary.
All the best on your upcoming exam!